Aliblast completed the painting of all the suspension arms so I took them round to Colin at Regent Motors who let me use his 20T press. Most of them went ok except the cantilever top front arms that needed a special spacer to let me get into the bushes with the press. I used an old tailstock from a Myford Super 7 and a wheel nut + washer.
I made an alloy drift for the rear wheel bearings that needed pressed in.
Having difficulty identifying the rear brakes. I thought they were standard brakes off a Golf MK4 but it turns out they are VAG Hydra OEM's from Rally Design (believed to be Passat parts). The disk is a MK3 Fiesta 230mm x 10mm.
I want to uprate the front brakes to vented and Willwood 4 pot, I sent 2 emails to Rally Design looking for advice with no reply so far. I don't think customer service is their strong point.
TheThe chasis painting is next, I made up an adapter for Alastair McGills chassis jig so he can paint it once he has given it a light blast. I am currently waiting on Frost Restorations delivering more paint.