Monday 2 March 2015

More running lights

The problem with driving the Sylva J15 on roads is some other drivers just don't see you. I was driving my car last spring (2014) on a straight but slightly undulating road at 60mph. To my horror the car coming towards me was occupying the same lane as me, he was overtaking a pair of cyclists and just did not see me. The car has track tyres and the road was dry so I was able to avoid a head on collision, just.

I decided to fit a set of LED running lights higher up so I can be seen from a greater distance. I turned a steel bar, drilled, taped and welded it to the Roll-over-bar and painted to match.

Mounting on roll bar



Contents
http://sylvabuild.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/sylva-j15-is-kit-car-designed-by-jeremy.html





No comments:

Post a Comment